Friday, June 29, 2007

Habitual Thoughts

I'd have to say that the easiest of the 7.5 habits in practice is number 3 (viewing problems as challenges). This is perhaps due to my overall enjoyment of puzzles. When viewed as a kind of game, the most mundane of tasks can take on a new and interesting flavor. Of course, this is not a universal rule, but overall, I'd consider this habit the easiest to cultivate.

The most difficult of the habits must for me be either habit number 2 (accepting responsibility for one's own learning), or habit number 6 (using technology to one's advantage). I suppose if I had to choose, the use of technology presents is the more challenging, as I'm not what I would consider a computer-savy individual, and would really rather not take the time and effort to overcome my slight technophobia (hence the tie-in with habit number 2). But then, I suppose habit number 3 will be useful in addressing the development of habit 6.

Now, addressing the 1/2 habit of play, I would encourage others to follow this link:

http://www.muffinfilms.com/
Outside of work, of course. Ahem.

1 comment:

JimD said...

Well, I wish I'd never started on Muffinfilms. Just like muffins it was hard not to think 'oh just one more.'